Not a Hotel – beware bait and switch to subdivided suites
OBC is a timeshare property. It does not provide a daily in-room housecleaning service. We booked through Priceline and stayed for 4 days.
– valet drivers jockey an overwhelming number of cars through the main driveway during the weekends. They are kind and helpful
– when called for repair, maintenance was prompt. They reset the loose outer door lock. But it failed again the next day
– pools are as pictured and convenient.
– property is on the beach
– There was only a single person at the front desk – there is always a line in mornings and evenings. Allow 10-20 minutes for check-in/checkout. After 15 minutes wait, a second employee came out from the back to help.
– Rooms in Priceline pics show a beautiful suite with breakfast bar, multiple rooms, and lots of open space. We got a room that had been reconstructed. The key first opens an outer door to a tiny entryway. The former suite had been subdivided into entryway plus two rooms. Then you use your key again to open your subdivided room door. The ‘A’ rooms are smaller and have a single queen bed. The room does have all the listed amenities, but two people can not walk past each other in any part of the room. Though oddly the bathroom is normal size and comfortable. It is the smallest room I have ever stayed in (regardless of star rating). Front desk told me that I could only switch rooms after the first night, but that there were only ‘A’ rooms available.
– There is no daily housecleaning for stays less than 5 days
– They charged us for ‘wifi upgrade’ which was not disclosed at check-in.
– Loud live music every night is pointed at the lobby. Most of the other properties point the live music towards the boardwalk/beach.
– When I submitted this info to Priceline, they called OBC. OBC and Priceline declined to make any restitution.
– the fitness centre was well equipped. It was unstaffed during our stay. When water dispenser ran out, we switched the big bottle for them. But the place is dusty and dirty. Floor exercise is gross.