After a Supreme Court ruling in 2015, timeshares that were mis-sold to customers could be eligible to a full refund or cancellation. There have already been cases of customers receiving full refunds of 40,000 Euros and 53,000 Euros respectively.
If deceptive or manipulative sales techniques were used in the selling of timeshare contracts, then thousands more timeshares members could be ready for significant financial compensation.
Common Timeshare Sales Techniques and Practices That Could Help You Get Out Of A Timeshare Contract
- Discounted or free tours of timeshare tours, without any disclosure of a timeshare sales presentation was taking place
- Aggressive sales techniques applied to customers after multiple rejections – exerting unlawful pressure on a customer to make a purchase they wouldn’t under normal circumstances
- Timeshares were sold on the premise that they would be long-term investments – which could also be sold or rented for profit in the future
- Timeshare contracts were also sold on the proviso that they would only be available to members and NOT available to members of the general public
- Timeshare members were not told that their resorts are available to rent by the general public in online booking systems
- Undisclosed information which allows to timeshare management teams and resorts to add, delete and modify the terms & conditions along with usage rights without the owners’ knowledge or consent
- Mis-sold timeshare maintenance fees where the owner was unaware that resorts and management can charge increased maintenance fees without the owners’ consent or knowledge
- Perpetual contract clauses which bind the customer and their contract to the developer forever
- Information not disclosed that the contract binds to not only the customer but heirs, family, successors, and assigns them to inherit all financial and legal obligations under the contract
- When you purchased your timeshare contract, were any of the above mentioned terms and conditions not fully disclosed to you prior to the signing of the contract? If so you could be entitled to a full timeshare contract cancellation or a full timeshare contract refund.
Mercantile Claims can help you finally get out of a timeshare contract which was mis-sold to you. If you were unaware of the terms and conditions of the contract or you were pressured into buying a timeshare which you didn’t want, then please contact us.