We can help you cancel your Gatlinburg Town Village Diamond Resorts Agreement Legally. Contact us Now to see if you qualify!
Fill out your details below and we’ll get straight back.
Alternatively, give us a call on 0800 470 3900.
Gatlinburg Town Village Owners & Guests Reviews
Our team here at Mercantile Claims are always on hand to help you with any issues, concerns or questions you have regarding your timeshare contract. Below we have listed the most common questions we receive on a regular basis. If you have a more specific question please contact our team of experts and we will respond with an answer as soon as possible.
Worst timeshare experience ever
So many problems to list…this is a run-down hotel trying to pretend it’s a resort:
1) Upon our arrival, very first thing was to get locked in the room because the deadbolt got stuck; also the TV remote was broken and only 3 channels came in on the cable; maintenance did take care of these – but…..don’t they check these things?
2) studio unit is very poorly designed – A/C blows right on you – it was miserable; to sleep 4 would have taken significant furniture rearrangement;
3) spider-infested bed – it was pretty bad;
4) they only provided 2 pillows (for a unit which “sleeps 4”) and then acted like it was an outrageous request for 2 more pillows – then brought us pillows which wreaked of mustiness and dust; we then asked for fresh pillow cases and those ALSO were stinky of dust / not freshly washed;
5) fireplace didn’t work – had maintenance out at least 5 times, the minute they leave it would shut down – maintenance staff were really trying to be helpful though, and usually did show up immediately;
6) WORST was the filthy disgusting pool – both at the Town Village (with dirt on the bottom – this was not stormy weather so no excuse) and especially at the “nicer” resort Gatlinburg Town Square – which is where they send you for all the amenities – a block down the street – that hot tub was putrid, wreaked of something rotten and was not usable! What a disgrace. The girls in the office had joked that the bear likes to use the hot tub – yes, I’m afraid so – certainly smelled like it – and it was NOT a potty-trained bear!
7) girls in the office gave bad directions several times; assigned us a room where we’re “sure to see the big bear every night at the trash bin just off our patio” – they must have been thinking of the other building where there was a trash bin (they didn’t know how to read the map of their own “resort”)
8) Several other minor issues: stove not level (difficult to cook on); view from patio was of the busy street and a parking lot; ugly looking motel property around the back.
On the plus side, the location isn’t too bad just 1/4 mile off the main drag, and the laundry facility was very good with huge machines and no maintenance problems.
We stayed at some fabulous resorts with our timeshare; this is NOT one of them. Recommend you stay away from this AND from the Town Village which already shows maintenance problems (whatever you do, stay away from that hot tub – should’ve called the health department).
Could Be Better
To start off, this was part of a timeshare deal. I was to do a tour of Gatlinburg Town Square and was placed in Town Village Inn for my stay.
The resort was across the street and was 10 times better than the hotel/motel. That was the first red flag for me. The check-in process was a little long. The elevator was VERY small and should be inspected. It also smelled awful.
The room was clean and very spacious but also very outdated.
The furniture was old and the carpet needed to be replaced. The facility did not have a vending machine but did have a coke machine. The one king bed room came with a “college dorm” fridge and microwave.
The microwave literally sat on top of the fridge.
There was an old sofa and 19 inch TV will cable as well. Check-out time was at 10 am which with my experience is a little early. The location of the hotel was really good in relationship to the attractions.
The worst part of the entire trip was when I tried to check-out a day early but could not because the $100 deposit (I chose to use cash) that I put down was locked in a drawer and the manager had left for the day and no associate there could get it out for me.
I had no choice but to wait until the next morning (which is when I was suppose to check out anyway) when the manager would be there. I was not offered anything for my inconvenience.
Not worth it to stay here
Didn’t care for hotel.
Pool and hotel was dated. Room looked out to someone’s home.
Windows covered with webs.
Bathroom very small and dated.
Front desk staff was friendly but didn’t provide any details of resort or amenities.
Parking is limited.
Pretty sure we heard bear near our door during the night. Our room was down dark hallway with no peep hole.
when we show up for our “special two day night free as long as we go to there presentation” we were told that the over booked for the weekend and did not have any room available for us to go to the presentation. but since we were not going to be able to go to presentation that they could not give us the $100 visa gift card that we were promised but we could stay at their cheaper motel for free for the 2 nights that we planned on staying. we agreed, but after 1 night in staying in that disgusting room we checked out.
Only to find that 1 week later i was charges a $100 fee for not showing up at the presentation that i was told that i did not have to go to.
After too many calls to the hospitality manager of resort with him telling me each time that i was right and he would take care of this situation and reimburse me my $100 and now going on 8 months with no luck is why i decided to right this bad review.
I believe in everyone can make a mistake but surely after 8 months of telling someone that it will be taking care of, I probably should have started to think he was lying about 7 months ago. Oh well, i will continue to bug them until i get my $100 back or they win and I give up
Getting poor service
I am mostly satisfied with the accommodations…room is fine….but WiFi is poor….very slow on first two days but couldn’t connect at night or on third day.
They don’t seem real keen to fix it.
They sent maintenance man to reset modem and said to wait 50 minutes. Make sense to anyone?
Maintenance man has been very nice but girl at front desk seems clueless…as if…yeah….interesting that you have a problem…so?